The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/art-i-told-marian-the-last-time-i-talked-with-her-30346934.aspx

Subject:  Re: Next up, the Social Security decision Date:  10/29/2012  12:05 AM
Author:  Donna405 Number:  46003 of 61305

Art, I told Marian the last time I talked with her about my arthritis. About 15 or 16 years ago, my orthopaedic MD said I had a "medium" case of arthritis in my left knee and a "small" amount in my right knee, showing me the X-rays. She prescribed a Rx, however, I never took it. Instead, I started taking an exercise which she also showed me. For the past 3 years, I have been taking 4 1200 mg. of fish oil per day. The important numbers on the fish oil are the EPA 350 mg. or 1400 mg. per day and DHA of 240 mg. or 950 mg per day. To make a long story short, I have no problems with my arthritis. In fact, when X-rays were taken this year, my arthritis has not progressed from 15 years ago.

I understand yours is in your back. Do you take fish oil? If not, I highly suggest it. It never hurts, says my MD. And, it might help.

Donna
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us