The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Learning to Invest / Investing Beginners

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-guys-i-understand-im-heavy-on-ford-at-the-30347032.aspx

Subject:  Re: Portfolio Weighting Date:  10/29/2012  4:36 AM
Author:  Stevenjwallace Number:  26247 of 27461

Thanks guys,

I understand i'm heavy on Ford at the moment and that is because it is a full position. The other holdings are partial positions in which i'm looking to add as they become cheap and have the capital to put into them, so Ford's weighting will come down as i fill out my portfolio.

WRJ, you are right that 8 stocks are not enough and i plan to have between 15-20 business over time. I'm in that process of finding the right ones.

"No financials. Yes, many are still afraid of financials because of the crisis. Yet, many financials are cheap as a result."

i have not considered the financial sector because i'm not confident i can totally understand the business as well as i should, but Berkshire is an interesting prospect. What would should i look at when valuing Berkshire?

I don't have any high growth stocks, are there any you suggest I take a look at? I also have a utility i'm watching (Spectra Energy) and just waiting for it to pull back to the price i want.

Much appreciated
Kiwisteve.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us