The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-could-try-getting-on-board-with-her-business-30349394.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bankrupt or try to 'gut it out'? Date:  10/30/2012  10:13 AM
Author:  ishtarastarte Number:  306103 of 308881

You could try getting on board with her business idea for a set period of time instead of not being supportive.

Like, "Ok, if you can get enough steady clients to make $x in 6 months, that might help a lot; if you can't, then we need to look at other options. So, what can I do to help you get started?"

Then, after she makes her flyers and such, you can drop them off around town and put on them on bulletin boards. Help her write her craigslist ads.

Check into what kind of insurance she'd need, and if you can get a business account.

If she's serious, this could give her the push she needs. If she's not, then there's an agreed time limit on it.

FWIW, I bring in about $5k/year from tutoring. Not enough to live on, but enough to help out a lot. But my business lags in the summer, and cleaning wouldn't have to.

Ishtar
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us