The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/if-either-of-the-carriers-suggest-that-dual-30349922.aspx

Subject:  Re: HSA plan? Date:  10/30/2012  1:51 PM
Author:  vkg Number:  116874 of 121185

If either of the carriers suggest that dual coverage is a problem (and thus may drop you), you might ask BC if there is a form that you can sign acknowledging that you voluntarily waive BC as your "primary" and subordinate claims to Kaiser. This would eliminate the conflict; BC would still be obligated for seconary coverage not otherwise paid by Kaiser.

The original question is answered.

I will not lie to Blue Cross, but I expect nothing from them as long as I have Kaiser. It isn't that they will "drop" me. Its that they don't coordinate benefits. They are not responsible for secondary coverage. If in the unlikely event that I want to seek treatment outside of Kaiser, I would drop Kaiser.

I was covered under Blue Cross by my husband for a number of years. Kaiser has never asked about any other individual coverage or if an injury was work or accident (where a 3rd party might be liable). Blue Cross has always been extremely aggressive about dual coverage. They have also been aggressive about any treatment that Might be an injury that they could seek reinbursement from a 3rd party.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us