The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/who-are-you-to-make-such-a-harsh-judgement-30359993.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bankrupt or try to 'gut it out'? Date:  11/4/2012  12:55 PM
Author:  ishtarastarte Number:  306345 of 308478

**Who are you to make such a harsh judgement? Have you ever sat down and talked with me? People tend to type a lot different on forums then they talk in person.

A parent, a teacher and a person with bipolar 2.

**Really? Your choice. Whatever. Can teachers not have mental illnesses that are treatable? What about if your teacher's kid had diabetes or high blood pressure or depression? What if a teacher is going through a divorce or is in a bad marriage? That happens every year. What if a teachers finances are in a mess? That happens every year. We are no different from other people. It is called DIVERSITY.

I don't know; I'm still struggling with that myself. I'm not sure I can be stable enough to be full time in the classroom.

And one of my mentor teachers last year had some health problems, enough so that I was really concerned about turning "my" kids back over to her. I was really torn about what to do. She ended up breaking her leg and being out for the rest of the year, so it wasn't a problem for last year. I'm still worried about her performance this year, though.

But she's protected because of the privacy rules, and frankly it scares me.

I'm torn, though, because I wouldn't want my problems to be grounds for dismissal.

but if I were erratic, hateful, spewing bile about those nearest and dearest to me? I would not be fit to be near other people's children.

Ishtar
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us