The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/who-are-you-to-make-such-a-harsh-judgement-have-30360028.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bankrupt or try to 'gut it out'? Date:  11/4/2012  1:13 PM
Author:  aoeuid Number:  306347 of 308369

**Who are you to make such a harsh judgement? Have you ever sat down and talked with me? People tend to type a lot different on forums then they talk in person.

A parent, a teacher and a person with bipolar 2.

Dean says: Wrong. You have never sat down and talked with me.

I don't know; I'm still struggling with that myself. I'm not sure I can be stable enough to be full time in the classroom.

Dean says: Sorry to hear that. Maybe you need a change of meds. I have been stable enough for 24 years now. My students love me and I have excellent relationships with many of my parents.

I'm torn, though, because I wouldn't want my problems to be grounds for dismissal.

***Have you tried several different mood stabilizer meds over the years? Maybe you need a different doctor?

but if I were erratic, hateful, spewing bile about those nearest and dearest to me? I would not be fit to be near other people's children.

Again . . . the net and real life are different things . . . otherwise I would not have taught for 24 years STRAIGHT.

Ishtar
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us