The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Everyday Ethics

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thats-funny-and-youre-right-i-actually-did-30361813.aspx

Subject:  Re: Want to be a good friend, but... Date:  11/5/2012  1:21 PM
Author:  cabinsmama Number:  4720 of 4954

That's funny, and you're right :-) I actually did this years ago--a friend got suddenly transferred to France and I bought the contents of her whole apartment, sending her payments monthly (it was right when I was moving and I could use everything she had, pretty much). Things went awry and she had to move back, so I stopped paying her for the last few months she was away, then gave her stuff back when she came back. Basically, I "rented" her stuff, which turned out fine since it gave us time to pick out our own stuff.

There wasn't any rhyme or reason to what I paid for--she gave me a Kitchen Aid mixer, a pricy juicer, a leather jacket, but then couldn't sell a $300 lamp she'd tagged at $50 so I bought that and some other things.

There's going to be a lot of things that she'll be asking about that I'll be telling her "nope, I gave that away".

One of those friends who keeps life interesting.

cm
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us