The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/heres-the-problem-dont-believe-the-polls-the-30363475.aspx

Subject:  Re: Is the Libertarian Party a mistake? Date:  11/6/2012  8:52 AM
Author:  tjscott0 Number:  653251 of 753085

Here's the problem: Don't believe the polls. The only states that I believe are 100% in the bag for Obama are CA, NY and IL. Beyond that, I think everyone is in play. Most people hang up or slam the door when a pollster appears on the phone or at the door, but that doesn't mean that the resident doesn't plan to vote.

My counter argument is both parties are free spending & will lead to bankruptcy. Perhaps an Obama re election will cause sufficient outrage to fuel the tea party insurgency to finally lead to sanity in federal gov't spending. A vote for Romney won't save our country from bankruptcy. Romney really hasn't supported the Ryan plan. And the Ryan plan is a weak knee proposal that won't lead to solvecy until 2040. And that 2040 number is based on current defense spending levels-that Romney will violate- & consistently above-average economic growth is an unrealistic dodge to avoid hard policy choices. Sorry Charlie, the republican party lies just as much as the dimocrats.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us