The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-cubicle-mate-is-having-a-similar-issue-right-30363832.aspx

Subject:  Re: Head banging time Date:  11/6/2012  10:53 AM
Author:  LaraAmber Number:  306367 of 308881

My cubicle mate is having a similar issue right now. He's all upset because the college where he is finishing his degree auto-enrolled him in health insurance and it will cost him $700. He filled out a form saying he already had health insurance, but didn't realize he needed to submit each semester.

The part that applies is when I did some research for him online to see if he had recourse to reverse the charge I found that they send a confirmation email back when he registered for classes saying that he was enrolled and the deadline for the waiver (which was due back in September). His excuse? "I don't read email from the college unless it's about a course." Really?

There are times I want to smack him upside the head. He's the textbook case of "never read the fine print but life should work out the way I want" BS.

Lara Amber
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us