The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Mechanical Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/not-sure-if-it-will-make-much-difffernce-in-my-30367322.aspx

Subject:  Re: New Focus for the market Date:  11/7/2012  3:35 PM
Author:  opihiman911 Number:  240107 of 252689

Not sure if it will make much difffernce in my investing decisions. I look at it this way, would I rather pay 25% tax on a $1.00 dividend and take home $0.75, or would I rather pay 0% tax on no dividend and take home nothing? I'll take the $0.75 home anyday.

Now what it may change is the way companies pay out the dividend. Can a company keep the 2% dividend cash they payout, invest it in the growth of the company and return 6% in capital returns? That will greatly affect our yeild screens. It could push our yeild screens more into the world of REIT, MLP & LLP companies that are reqiured by law to payout their profits. All together not a really bad place to have a little chunk of your portfolio anyways, I just liked it when the screen would pick a beaten down company that pays a solid dividend along it a MLP or two.

Cory
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us