The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/if-i-were-obama--30368650.aspx

Subject:  If I were Obama . . . Date:  11/8/2012  8:29 AM
Author:  salaryguru Number:  46160 of 60467

I would recognize that the economy is getting gradually better without any cooperation from the Republicans in Congress and the Senate. I would accept that they are going to continue to obstruct all efforts at fiscal responsibility or progress so place very little effort into changing that. Instead, I would push 1) a concerted effort to amend the Constitution to trample Citizen's United out of existence, 2)an agenda of gay, women and minority rights - forcing Republicans to either change their positions or further expose their racism and war on women, 3) to let the Bush tax give-aways expire and then simply ignore any GOP noise or efforts to re-instate them, 4) to embrace serious legislation to insure long-term health of SS and Medicare, and 5) to strongly encourage the Senate to dump the filibuster rules.

Sure, little will actually be accomplished with the Republicans in control of Congress, but let the Republicans oppose all of that and then try another campaign of lies and deception in two years and see what happens. Clearly, their ability to lie to win elections is starting to fail.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us