The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Quitting Smoking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/sorry-i-moved-to-the-sunshine-state-of-florida-30370824.aspx

Subject:  Re: America Date:  11/8/2012  10:24 PM
Author:  vr5240 Number:  56605 of 57302

Sorry, I moved to the sunshine state of Florida. We haven't finished counting yet! Not in my county of Broward. And the polls have been closed for over 50 hours.

If Governor Scott had put as much planning into handling the voting process as he put into keeping people from voting, my vote would have been counted by now.

At least my hubby and I voted absentee a month ago, so we didn't have to stand in line for up to six hours as many others here did.

Why can't Florida get it right? They put up billboards in poor neighborhoods that said, "Voter fraud is a crime!" (to scare people into not voting); they made everyone show state-issued picture ID (too late to go for driver's license, if you haven't got one yet; they cancelled Sunday voting (because whole groups usually went straight from church to early voting); there weren't enough voting machines for the amount of people. YUCK!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us