The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fun & Games / Computer & Video Gamers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-trick-is-to-not-advance-to-contact-very-far-30371882.aspx

Subject:  Re: X:Com Date:  11/9/2012  12:36 PM
Author:  1971simon Number:  34937 of 36020

The trick is to not advance to contact very far at once.

Yeah, you learn that pretty quickly in Ironman mode. I made the mistake once and paid for it. The first mission with the zombie-makers is the hardest (rescuing the hostages). I got VERY lucky on my Normal/Ironman play through in that when they first showed up EVERYONE could fire on them instantly. The never zombiefied anyone (not even a civilian). The biggest asset you have is a sniper with a great field of view and squad-look. Big guns help too....

Not X:COM related....

So why were you fighting in that room????? Also - if there was a boarding robot you were probably not that close to the end no?

2nd fight with the boss ship. I was taking a beating and jumped away. He'd left a boarding robot in my Oxygen room with a hull breach. Even though the robot doesn't fight the crew fight him before they fix the breach or the lack of oxygen. I could use the medbay to keep people from dying but only 3 and the O2 room only held 2 crew. It was a dance I lost before everyone died of asphyxiation (wow, spelled that correctly without the spell checker!).

I was doing so well too.... :(

Simon
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us