The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/fiscal-cliff-my-ss-30373511.aspx

Subject:  Fiscal Cliff my @ss Date:  11/10/2012  8:26 AM
Author:  salaryguru Number:  46183 of 60168

I'll give the Republicans one thing . . . they are better at propaganda and manipulating the press than their opponents. Having their own propaganda branch, FuxNews, is very helpful, but it's more than that. They seem to understand that reporters, publishers and broadcasters can be complete whorrrres when it comes to ratings. They love the sensational and scary catch phrases so much that they are willing to sacrifice accuracy and the truth to repeat them.

The most recent tea-bagger catch phrase is "Fiscal Cliff". Everybody's saying it. Democrats seem powerless and unable to point out that Republicans drove the nation into the "Fiscal Chasm of Doom" back in 2002 when they passed the Bush tax give-aways and chose to start two wars and pass Medicare D without even a glimmer of a thought about how to fund them.

I don't really want Democrats to get better at propaganda, but I do wish they would get better at slapping down both Republicans and reporters whenever they use Republican propaganda arguments. They need to learn how to say, "If there is such a thing as a fiscal cliff, Republicans drove the nation over it back in 2002. It's time that we start climbing that cliff so we can come out of the Bush Fiscal Chasm of Doom now."
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us