The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-research-looks-interestingi-just-skimmed-30375159.aspx

Subject:  Re: LIVING IN CALIFORNIA MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY? Date:  11/11/2012  1:01 PM
Author:  malaoshi Number:  46198 of 59655

The research looks interesting...I just skimmed through...

but despite the numbers I have to say that living in CA has made me happy. Of course I was happy in Boston, Minneapolis, and Memphis too.

This morning, 5 rowing/crew judges are sitting on my dock, or pouring themselves some of my coffee, ... the sun is shining on a calm body of water, the racing crews from all over the Bay Area are gliding to the finish line, coxes yelling....and I can't imagine a more perfect Sunday morning view...

If that bores me, I can always go and talk to my lettuces and Bok Choy, thick and green in my veggie plot, or encourage the herbs to make more effort..(I need sage for Thanksgiving stuffing and the plants are sulking...)

I remember raking leaves, I remember shoveling snow, I remember good neighbors and good colleagues everywhere, but hey....even if we live in a tiny little house, in a small suburban area in an over trafficked highway-infested area...life is good.

We'll be toasting/thanking veterans later today.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us