The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / 77's Foolish House of Pigskin

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-agree-and-throw-marshawn-lynch-in-as-well-30376720.aspx

Subject:  Re: It's just fun watching Peterson Date:  11/12/2012  12:48 PM
Author:  n8larson Number:  92834 of 96684

I agree, and throw Marshawn Lynch in as well, he's fun to watch.

As a diehard Seahawks fan, I'd just like to say that I'd change the channel to watch Peterson highlights any day of the week. Peterson's comeback from a major knee injury is nothing short of amazing, and he brings some open-field speed that Lynch only dreams of (his 77-yard TD required him to outrun only linebackers in the open field). Well, okay, he's not THAT much faster. But he's definitely faster than Lynch. And while it's easy to think of Lynch as the king of the YAC, Peterson has more.

Oh, and while I have the mike, I'd just like to say that finally seeing first-hand (well, on TV) how dysfunctional the Jets offense is was pretty sad. Whatever the answer is, Sanchez doesn't appear to be it. They might do well to consider the next Jake Locker (that Calvin Kline kid down at Kansas State) come draft time. Or maybe Matt Flynn will be available again next offseason. Of course, it could be Ryan that's the problem. Where can I buy stock in "Sanchez takes over for Carson Palmer in Oakland"?

Finally, in the spirit of the MNF pre-game show's "Cmon, man!" segment, I couldn't get that voice out of my head when watching Q4/OT of the gamecast of the SF-STL game ("C'mon RAMS!"). Seattle needs a couple of Niners losses to be in the NFC West title hunt. So, 80-yard pass play called back because of a formation penalty?? C'mon RAMS! Delay of game right before a winning (made!) 53-yard Figgie? C'mon RAMS!

-n8
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us