The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Cars and Drivers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/new-toy-30377374.aspx

Subject:  New toy? Date:  11/12/2012  5:51 PM
Author:  jeffbrig Number:  11413 of 11673

Okay, I've had the Porsche lust for years, never quite been serious about acting on it.

What has my interest right now is a 2006 Cayman S with 30k miles. At 20k miles, the owner installed a TPC Racing turbo kit, added a Quaife LSD, and a couple of other upgrades. It put down 366hp at the wheels on a mustang dyno, which they estimate to be 450+ at the crank. At just 3000 lbs, this thing has to be an absolute blast to drive. It's my preferred color - guards red - and they seem to have hit all the performance related checkboxes on the option sheet.

DW is on board, and wants to drive my s2000 and get rid of the TL. Only thing holding me back is the occasional horror story of an IMS bearing failure (a $12k engine grenade), plus the general unknown of someone else's modded car. But seriously, if you handed me a stock Cayman tomorrow, this is EXACTLY the car I would want to build. If it was a 2009 without the potential IMS issue, I'd probably have bought it already.

Decisions, decisions...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us