The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fun & Games / Computer & Video Gamers

Subject:  Re: Assassin's Creed III Date:  11/12/2012  10:49 PM
Author:  csp Number:  34940 of 36440

I'm playing. I'll echo some of Nomes' comments in that the opening sequences are fairly interesting, and the new guy is definitely no Ezio. I didn't realize how much that character contributed to the series until I had to go back to playing someone else.

On the same note, I'll also say that running around colonial Boston (and now New York) is a whole heck of a lot LESS interesting than running around renaissance Italy was. Ditto for running around the wilderness.

Overall, I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed so far, especially for the final installment in the series. I feel like this series hit it's peak with AC2, which fixed many of the annoyances in AC1 without messing up the good stuff. Unfortunately, each following installment seemed to try to fix stuff that wasn't broken and over time I feel like they've "improved" away some of the good features and replaced them with unecessary clutter and complexity.

In some ways, I feel like AC3 has reversed course (in a bad way.) In prior games, the introduction of new