The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Baby Boomers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-cookbooks-did-you-all-start-out-with-im-30377803.aspx

Subject:  Re: What cookbook....(very long) Date:  11/12/2012  11:01 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  191119 of 193057

What cookbooks did you all start out with? I'm curious. Have your meals changed over the years?

The Betty Crocker loose-leaf here, and I still use it for basics. My pancake recipe is straight from there, and I make better pancakes than any restaurant I've ever tried.

I too fell in love with Julia through the French Chef TV series. I have both volumes of the French Chef, but I'm really fond of her two "and Company" cookbooks which were companions to a later series. I've probably made half the recipes in those.

I picked up the New York Times Cookbook for 25 cents at a yard sale and use it a lot. Great chocolate souffle and sour cream fudge cake recipes.

I've grown fond of the Barefoot Contessa. I don't have any of her cookbooks, but I've picked up a lot of her recipes from the website. Some great vegetable sides.

One of the things I love about retirement is having the time to try new recipes, which come from all over the place. Still on my to do list is getting more involved in Thai cooking. I love to eat it.

Phil
Rule Your Retirement Home Fool

...who says you just can't beat a good cucumber sandwich on the deck on a sunny summer afternoon
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us