The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/criminals-win-in-the-nanny-state-30378392.aspx

Subject:  Criminals win in the Nanny State Date:  11/13/2012  10:48 AM
Author:  telegraph Number:  654927 of 725979

A businessman who spent 18 hours in custody after he tackled a man who was raiding his mother's house says 'the law stinks.

Vaughan Jones, 39, from Bargoed, in Gwent, South Wales jumped into action when his widowed mother heard a thief burgling her family home.

He called police before dashing around to help his mother Eleanor, 65, and confronted the burglar in a hand-to-hand struggle.

But the dad-of-three was left shocked when officers arrived and arrested him for allegedly assaulting the thief.

He said: 'I couldn't believe it. I said to them: 'Are you real?'.

'I told them I was acting in self defence. When they took me to the police station, I said 'The law stinks'.

Ms Jones was roused by the burglar when a pebble was used to smash her patio doors. She called her son who found the burglar and grappled with him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231996/Businessman-...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

---

Too bad he didn't live in Texas......

There, you'd likely hear 'Bang Bang Bang Bang' and the police would come and not soon after the body of the dead perp would wind up at the mall and the newspaper headline would read: Burglar shot dead my son defending mom in her own house". Cops praised the son for protecting his mother from a repeat criminal offender.

However, in your Nanny State England, and what Barack wants here when you lose your gun rights, you can't own a gun, no less use it, and if you 'injure' the perp, he'll sue you for damages, but you can't sue him for damages to your place or yourself, even if you wind up paralyzed or injured for life. He gets off with a 'warning' for 20th time burglary. You go to jail.

t.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us