The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-think-that-comparing-a-companys-expense-30380000.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Fiscal Cliff-Solving the wrong problem Date:  11/14/2012  2:58 AM
Author:  RaptorD2 Number:  408429 of 489378

I think that comparing a company's expense requirements with that of a nation is a non sequitur. What the administration may be thinking (and maybe not if I'm wrong) is that if part of the future economic solutions which we all know will become necessary if we are to avoid financial genocide, part of a real, lasting solution is a trick--also a necessity--requiring bringing the citizens on board. IF you are a congress critter and IF taxes need to be raised eventual and IF some entitlements need to be trimmed, it will be much easier, IMO, to bring the citizenry on board if these issues are on the table with proposed solutions, than if nothing is done about some of these 'smaller' issues which stick in the collective popular mind, e.g., equal tax rates for all, or at least not lower rates for the uber-wealthy.

If these 'little discrepancies' and a few others like it are not addressed now, then it will be nigh impossible to get the required popul