The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/meh-it-just-goes-in-one-ear-and-out-the-other-i-30380684.aspx

Subject:  Re: Unbelievable Date:  11/14/2012  12:43 PM
Author:  Colovion Number:  655080 of 757906

Meh, it just goes in one ear and out the other.

I have a whole shelf full of books on the origin of the Second Amendment, clearly showing that it was meant to protect a pre-existing individual right from the get go. I'd cite the bejeezus out of those books during the arguments over the Heller and McDonald cases. Didn't matter to libs, they had their erroneous understanding of the Second Amendment and nothing could change their minds.

Then SCOTUS disagreed with them and went with the mountain of evidence I had cited (much of which was alluded to in the hundreds of amicus briefs filed in support of Heller and McDonald). What was the lib response? Well, 0lberschmuck deemed Scalia his "worst person ever" on his (thankfully long-gone) show the night the Heller decision came out. Did he cite historical evidence or studies or the like? Nope, just "guns bad, Scalia ruled that people can own guns so Scalia bad".

They're lost causes. We have to work on the younger generations so they understand the virtues of Western Civilization and thus true freedom. The boomers dropped the ball (or, more likely the bong) so we have to fix their mistakes.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us