The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/madc-summarily-dismisses-the-crs-study-without-30380795.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Fiscal Cliff-Solving the wrong problem Date:  11/14/2012  1:17 PM
Author:  MadCapitalist Number:  408486 of 465354

MadC summarily dismisses the CRS study without reading it, mocks Loren's discussion of the criticism of the one year time span without reading it or understanding it or questioning why it wouldn't make more sense to continue the study for a longer time span to verify or debunk the results rather than table it for fear of reaching an unwelcome result...

I dismissed the study after reading the criticisms of the study, which were valid criticisms.

Also, the problem wasn't that they didn't continue the study for a long enough time span. The problem was they only measured the changes over the course of a year after a tax change, which is not nearly long enough.

I am very much in favor of them correcting the flaws of the study if they are able to do it.

...and then you mock another poster while giving MadC a free pass for summarily rejecting everything he does not understand or which contradicts his ideology.

Ideological thinking is weird. It's not even reality based.

This is hilarious! I'm the one providing all the studies and empirical evidence to find out what the reality is. You guys just provide useless anecdotes that prove nothing.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us