The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-article-it-was-very-well-written-30380893.aspx

Subject:  Re: Jedi - You're ahead of the curve Date:  11/14/2012  1:56 PM
Author:  JediGALT Number:  655096 of 734808

Thanks for the article. It was very well written and I 100% agree with everything said.

Sadly, we Americans think that everything in life is playing Checkers. All we care about is the next quarter's earnings. The next election. The next opinion poll.

My point is that Republicans will never think strategically to where they understand that their LOSING can be their biggest victory. I would love nothing more than for the GOP to stand up and say "President Obama, you won. We hereby give you 100% reign, and hereby give you full approval on anything and everything you propose into law".

Instead what's gonna happen is Obama will get most of what he wants, while Republicans get blamed for whatever goes wrong. (All of a sudden, PA Leftists are calling ObamaCare a Conservative plan...lol...because they know the cluster-eff that is coming)

And finally, I believe the Republican Establishment isn't much different from the American Left. Both sides are here to sell off America piece by piece, freedom by freedom to pave the way for America to genuflect for some form of global government in the future.

JediG
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us