The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Owning Rental Property

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/buying-rental-property-in-las-vegas-30381208.aspx

Subject:  Buying Rental Property in Las Vegas Date:  11/14/2012  4:16 PM
Author:  wrenchbender57 Number:  4686 of 4864

Seems like some really good deals on homes, condos and townhomes in the Las Vegas, Henderson area the last few years. Been contemplating buying something to rent out in that area. I have relatives in the Henderson area but I live in another state. Already own a commercial rental property and I help my elderly parents manage a 5 unit apartment house in town where I live. Looks like a person could make money on buying and renting while waiting for possible appreciation. This area is nice to visit and I do that several times a year. Thought of renting by the month for folks that want an alternative to staying in a hotel for a long time. Then, I would save some time for myself to visit there twice a year. But, after calculating it all out, looks like it would be far less expensive and less work to just rent a place for myself when I visit rather than buy a property. Still, pretty tempting. Love their weather in that area in the Fall and the Spring. Winter is OK but summer gets way too hot for my taste. Any thoughts on these ramblings?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us