The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-should-have-no-problem-listing-the-studies-30381382.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Fiscal Cliff-Solving the wrong problem Date:  11/14/2012  5:28 PM
Author:  PosFCF Number:  408519 of 449713

You should have no problem listing the studies that contradict my position if it is so easy to do. You won't do it though.

I gave you a whole 10 pages worth from Google.....haven't you made your way through them yet?

I'm not interested in "studies" which prove or disprove your (adjective deleted) take on how taxes should interact with the perfect economy while excluding anything too hard to model. We reached the edge of the abyss with those hair-brained schemes.

I know this country was the most powerful creditor nation on earth with much higher nominal and effective tax rates for decades. I also know that in the recent past that 8 years after changing from a tax and spending regime that would have paid off our debt and into one based on those "studies" you are so enamored of, left us insolvent in the real world instead. If we didn't have Bernanke and the printing press, there would be no difference between outcomes between Ireland, Greece or the USA.

Poz
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us