The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Building / Maintaining a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/six-or-five-months-ago-someone-knocked-the-30381407.aspx

Subject:  Re: Ozone Treatment for Smoke Date:  11/14/2012  5:37 PM
Author:  tpault Number:  123069 of 128375

Six or five months ago, someone knocked the driver’s side mirror on my 1998 S-10 pickup truck off while it was parked in a supermarket parking lot.

That stinks. I have a 1998 S-10 myself. Extended cab, 4 wheel drive, larger rims and tires. Very little rust. Just had new upper/lower ball joints Idler & Pitman arms, allignment, etc. Only 106K on the mileage. Mine's white. Paid 7K for it in '04, worth every penny! I like to go "shopping" in the junk yard for car parts. It's one of those junk yards where you-wrench-it. But even though S10's are like clones and there's a ton of them at the bone yard, there wasn't any '98's there, and none with the same door panel, console, dash, etc. Very disappointing, because I will buy things even if I don't "need" them from there, if the one in the junk yard is in slightly better shape than mine. I love junk yards the way some women probably love shopping for clothes.

I just wish our city would allow residents to work on cars in the driveway. It's gotta be in the garage. I have a garage but it's too small to jack a car up in.]

Anyway, sorry for the ot, just got a little interested when I saw the same year and make truck as mine in your post. I wasn't a big Chevy fan until I got this truck. Now as far as trucks go, I'd probably never buy another one unless it's a Chevy.

Paul T.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us