The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/that-goes-without-saying-what-has-that-to-do-30381553.aspx

Subject:  Re: Taking our country back Date:  11/14/2012  6:48 PM
Author:  albaby1 Number:  1836736 of 1957091

That goes without saying. What has that to do with the question of Democratic anti-Americanism and whether the folks should kick them to the curb?

It depends on what you mean by "kick them to the curb." Do you mean physically removing them from the jurisdiction of the United States? Stripping them of the normal indicia and benefits of citizenship? Excluding them from civic society?

I suspect not - I suspect you simply mean, "Vote them out of office through ordinary democratic processes during the next regularly scheduled electoral cycle." But if that suspicion is the case, then I believe your intimation that the country does not "belong" to people who disagree with the folks is inappropriate. The country belongs to all of its citizens; and while political majorities in our government can be taken from one group by another, the country itself cannot.

Albaby
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us