The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/bankruptcy-is-not-a-now-or-never-could-you-30382838.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bankrupt or try to 'gut it out'? Date:  11/15/2012  12:04 PM
Author:  vkg Number:  306440 of 308881

Bankruptcy is not a now or never.

****Could you clarify what you mean by the above please?

You are just beginning to work through your financial and marital issues. There isn't a deadline that if you don't file bankruptcy today, you can't file tomorrow. You don't know how your wife's business is going to work out. It does have the advantage over some businesses that if it doesn't work out, there is no debt associated with it and there was minimal investment to start it.

^^^^Good point. I imagine they would highly encourage us to cut some of the 'non-essential' items that we spend money on every month (pets, dance, gymnastics, therapy, internet, etc). But then again, maybe they would find those things to be good, healthy stress relievers with access to the internet, Fore I can do my 300 report cards from the comfort of my own home. And, I do those reports every nine weeks

Dance and gymnastics are not being paid with time, not cash. They maybe non-essential, but aren't cash flow issues.

Given your situation, I would not consider therapy non-essential.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us