The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-one-of-those-people-whose-blood-pressure-30382987.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: High blood pressure --> brain damage Date:  11/15/2012  12:59 PM
Author:  sissylue Number:  868732 of 886563

I'm one of those people whose blood pressure spikes at night. 199/101 fast asleep, and still really high when I wake up. Pretty bizaare and a little hard to meditate while snoozing. During the day it would slowly drop doen to normal numbers i.e. @ 113/62. Sort of like my blood sugar level. Which goes up when I'm asleep and NOT eating but drops during the day when I walk etc. So now I'm on medication (as I posted on Diabetic Fools I went from being a pill-free free-spirit to a pill-popping cranky old lady in one fell swoop) and hopefully when I go back in for followup tests the problem will be taken care of (insert observation that being elderly isn't quite as much fun as I thought it was going to be). But the blood pressure meds run me %15 a month w/o insurance and that's pretty cheap as meds go.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us