The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Distribution of Non-deductible Contribution Date:  11/15/2012  1:27 PM
Author:  hk2 Number:  116912 of 127637

I contribute to a employee-sponsored 401K.

I also split my annual contribution between a traditional and Roth IRAs.

It now appears that my modified AGI will be above the threshold for taking a deduction for the contribution to the tranditional IRA

1. How would I verify this is the case before the end of the year?

2. If that's the case, what's the best way for me to withdraw that non-deductable contribution from the traditional IRA and place it in the Roth IRA for TY 2012?

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us