The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Apple User's Group

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/funny-and-fits-very-much-with-my-dds-fil-30383224.aspx

Subject:  Re: Note from a Windows tech Date:  11/15/2012  2:24 PM
Author:  wecoguy Number:  61435 of 64752

Funny, and fits very much with my DD's FIL... After seeing how I'd pretty much converted the rest of our families to Macs, he bought a new MacBook Pro, biggest, best, AirPort Extreme, Office, the whole shebang... Parallels, he wanted to run Win stuff...

I stayed out of it, he got it all going, but first thing I know he's giving me the AE, wasn't staying up, seemed to give him trouble, off he went to a LinkSys, happy... I looked into it, found it two or 3 firmware updates behind, plugged it in, no problem for the last year or so...

But back at the MacBook, printers were giving him trouble, work on the Mac side, not on the PC side, ad vice versa.. He tossed Parallels, went straight Mac... Never got used to the differences,in the end earlier this year gave it all to my DD, she, like me has been on Macs forever, loves it, I have to bug her on updates, backups, but that's about it... She's doing webinars, videos, web development, has her whole business on the one system...

Meantime FIL has reverted back to the Win World, a WinDell of some sort, happy at last... Some folks just aren't meant for the Mac.. FIL could have any system he wants, money no object, all used in his business, some systems never will connect to the web, secure, etc.. If it works, don't fix it!

Not my world... But happy to accept, redistribute any runoff!

weco
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us