The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Distribution of Non-deductible Contribution Date:  11/15/2012  2:49 PM
Author:  ptheland Number:  116916 of 127626

You can't just withdraw/convert the non-deductible contribution to a TIRA.

Since he's talking about current year contributions, he can convert those from traditional to Roth (or the other way around).

You're talking about the situation when a non-deductible contribution is done and completed for a year (as of now, that would be non-deductible contributions for 2011 and prior years).

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us