The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Distribution of Non-deductible Contribution Date:  11/15/2012  2:50 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  116917 of 127753

You would need to recharacterize the current year contribution from a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA. I believe you have until April 15 2013 to recharacterize 2012 contributions.

Recharacterize is the right answer, and October 15 of the following year is the deadline. See Pub 590 and the instructions for Form 8606.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us