The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-actually-got-an-email-quotfromquot-a-well-30384105.aspx

Subject:  Re: Facebook saga: Don’t be a grandparent Date:  11/15/2012  9:28 PM
Author:  OrmontUS Number:  408660 of 464872

I actually got an email "from" a well known poster on this site that he was in London, his wallet and passport had been stolen and he needed money desperately (and would I please wire it to him). Knowing that was an extremely unlikely scenario, it made me chuckle in the same fashion that numerous other emails, faxes and phone calls have over the years. That said, my former company was victimized when their name was used in letters requesting credit lines allegedly signed by my wife as CEO (still trying to figure out how they decided on that - could be a clue where they got the data from). As it was interstate, the FBI was brought in.

One thing people should be careful of is having some cousin posting genealogies on the web. As mother's maiden name, father's middle name and stuff like that is regularly used as security questions, there's no reason to feed the answers.

Jeff
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us