The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-didnt-end-up-on-the-juries-for-wednesdays-30384383.aspx

Subject:  Re: Jury Duty Date:  11/16/2012  4:54 AM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  46224 of 63008

I didn't end up on the juries for Wednesday's criminal trial for attempted murder, kidnapping and robbery, or Thursday's civil trial --homeowner vs mortgage company. And no trial starts today, so my jury service is done. I may never need to serve again, as I'm off the hook for 3 years, by which time I'll be over 65 and no longer need to serve (they may ask me to, but I can decline simply for being over 65--one person did so this week, but several in their late 60s served).

So, being all done at 11am, I walked a block up Broad Street then a mile or so up King Street in the drizzle and did some downtown shopping, a rare event, and met my husband for lunch, an equally rare event. We tried a new Japanese noodle joint. meh--geared for American tastes I guess, not authentic--it was better in its previous incarnation as a sushi joint. And kinda rushed as DH had only an hour between teaching a class and meeting advisees most of the afternoon to help them get registered for next semester. The freshmen take especially long as they are unfamiliar with requirements for CS majors. And then DH stayed in his office late to finish grading (normally he would've worked through lunch--he seldom takes it.).
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us