The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-hanging-out-in-a-parking-lot-30385007.aspx

Subject:  I'm hanging out in a parking lot Date:  11/16/2012  12:00 PM
Author:  LuckyDog2002 Number:  655494 of 736289

not too far from the high tech vet. Had a nice long visit with Sweetum's, we went outside for a long walk in the grass. Thankfully, the sun is shining, the skies are blue, it's starting to warm a bit.

When the receptionist, who I've gotten to know all these yrs., brought her to the room, I started crying at her playfulness and wagging little tail. This is my little Sweetum's, a happy little dog. I talked to her and told her how much I loved her and enjoyed every minute of her 11-1/2 yrs. with me. She really loved going outside in the fresh air.

I met with the surgeon to talk about her prospects. I hope for the best but am braced for the worse.

Afterwards, I spent more time with my sweetheart, prayed for her, told her just how special she is and a wonderful companion, who'll always have a special place in my heart and that I wanted her to come back home. She curled up in her bed and went to sleep as I stroked that sweet head and body over and over again.

I snipped some hair off her neck to take home with me, just in case there won't be another time or I'll forget.

I have my cell phone on to hear from the vet as soon as he knows what he's dealing with. It's high noon right now.

I know there are non-believers on this board but I hope all on here who care about animals will send positive messages her way.

LuckyDog
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us