The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Family Life / Parents and Expecting Parents

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/gsf-mother-of-boys-enamored-of-nerf-weaponry-30385207.aspx

Subject:  Re: I need to catch up Date:  11/16/2012  12:59 PM
Author:  FordLove Number:  41996 of 42361

GSF
... mother of boys enamored of Nerf weaponry in ALL forms...

I got him two, because if I had gotten him one it wouldn't be a sword fight, but him smacking me with a foam sword. Mothers and Babies do not get hit with swords in our house.

But GSF, how did you do with Sandy?
Our power was out for 15 hours, the other side of the street lost it for 2 1/2 days. Mum and Dad lost it for a week, maybe? Bradley Beach held up much better than a lot of the other towns. Mum and Dad didn't even have their basement flood (it never floods) but the ocean did get a block from their house.

Séamus asked if the big bad wolf was blowing our house down. Odd, since we never read him that story, but his mother tried to calm him. I looked at him and said, 'Séamus, this house is a brick mortor house, not some facade, but real brick. This is the house that the other pigs ran to be safe from the big bad wolf. This is the house he couldn't blow down' That worked, but he wasn't all that upset anyway. I was just hoping the neighbors tree didn't fall on the house. The walls are mortor, the roof isn't.

Ford
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us