The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/art-i-dont-mean-assimilation-in-that-everyone-30385772.aspx

Subject:  Re: The vote of every thinking person Date:  11/16/2012  4:26 PM
Author:  twopairfullhouse Number:  655543 of 736898

Art,

I don't mean assimilation in that everyone engages in groupthink and says only things that are politically correct. We have PA for that.

And as with the Amish, I don't have a problem with people that just want to be left alone.

What I have a problem with is that there are millions of people living in America today that do nothing other than consume resources, and create another generation of those that consume resources. That alone is bad, and whether they speak English or not is not really the issue. But what's worse is that we have an entire political party that thinks that this is not only okay, but should be encouraged, because it gives them more votes, because these people realize who is providing this. It's not the taxpayer; it's the Democrats who promise to keep taking from the taxpayer.

This is a great system for those on the receiving end, until those on the paying end either cannot or choose not to keep paying. Then the fun really starts.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us