The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks I / Infinera Corp.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hey-randy-boy-is-the-market-risk-averse-i-have-30386081.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Death of MF Boards Date:  11/16/2012  6:47 PM
Author:  Dukenewkirk Number:  111 of 140

Hey Randy, boy is the market risk averse! I have my own spreadsheet now tracking my rough 50% stake of Stalwarts vs my risky Rule breaker types, the other rough 50%. I completely re-jigged my portfolio over the last year and a half to increase risk as I tend to handle the adventure with a comfortable dose of apathy I find. Over that time, my Stalwarts, the likes of BRK-B, ATVI, EBAY, CNI and so on are up over 9% as an average. I like all my RB 'businesses' right now, wish I could say the same about their stocks, down between 22%-25% as an average over the same time, 15% of that pain occurred this week. INFN is the one I took a trading position in;I usually have one such small position on the go. There's blood in the streets for RB type investors and I'm well past the point of making changes. I never like to accept losses in times like these just so I can pick up someone else's losers and IMHO during emotional times in the market we shouldn't be altering our game plans. I feel that's the perfect tact to assure long term failure.

FWIW,
Duke,
ATVI Ticker Guide
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us