The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Berkshire Hathaway

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/unbelievable-30386312.aspx

Subject:  Unbelievable Date:  11/16/2012  9:18 PM
Author:  stillwater9999 Number:  195890 of 211703

A number of my portfolio companies (e.g.The Buckle, Atrion) have recently declared large special dividends, the size of the payouts apparently increased this year to avoid the likely much higher taxes on dividends for 2013. But I never thought I would see this from Berkshire:

Berkshire Hathaway Declares Special Dividend (Omaha, NE 11/16/12)
------------------------------------------------------------------

The Board of Berkshire Hathaway has announced the payout of a special one time dividend to shareholders of record on 12/1/2012. On 12/31/12 at ten minutes before midnight, an e-mail message will be sent to all shareholders of record. The e-mail will disclose a web address where shareholders can downloard a printable photo of Warren E. Buffett and Becky Quick of CNBC. Class A shareholders will be able to download a version that produces a full 10x12 printout. Class B shareholders will be allowed to download a version that produces a 3x5 printout. Any shareholder bringing the printout to the next annual shareholders' meeting will have the opportunity of having a Bershire employee stamp the printout with a copy of Warren Buffett's signature.

All shareholders are advised to consult their tax advisor with regard to possible monetary value of the special dividend and potential tax consequences.

sw
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us