The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/republicans-think-theyre-importing-hardworking-30386347.aspx

Subject:  Re: Steyn Date:  11/16/2012  9:42 PM
Author:  arrete Number:  655610 of 756911

Republicans think they're importing hardworking immigrants who want a shot at the American Dream; the Democrats think they're importing clients for Big Government.
----------------

It really is a dichtomy. Around here, there are hispanics at every level of business, though many are in the lower eschelons - maids, janitors, construction go-fers. They there are the ones who hang out along the road, waiting for someone to offer them pay (off the record usually) for grunt work - digging, carrying bricks, rock, etc. Most of them ,though, spend the day chatting with their frined s and drinking coffe - at least I hope it's coffee.

arrete - played recorder for an elementary school today. I couldn't figure out what race/ethnic group the kids were, except for the blonds. Otherwise they were all mixed up, and acted like any other kid as far as I could tell. Meaning the girls (most of them) were trying to be good and the boys were punching each other when the teacher wasn't looking. We finished with Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer which totally revved the kids up. Our job was done. Heh.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us