The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/aolf-wrote-shes-not-even-2-years-old-yet-and-i-30386573.aspx

Subject:  Re: Drawing of Family Member Date:  11/17/2012  2:19 AM
Author:  AOLFoolman100 Number:  655633 of 749477

AOLF wrote: She's not even 2 years old yet, and I get a call from my mom today that the family wants to get a computer for her.

They could teach her how to read in just a few days. No computer required.

I taught my son to read at age 9 months. He was fully verbal at about 18 months when he read an unfamiliar book cover to cover outloud. This method works.

Well, it's not just about teaching her to read, although it's a big part of growing up. It's about.....well, using the computer, learning manual dexerity, picking up typing, being conversant about social media (although I hope that's awhile away..LOL). Tons of stuff to learn while using the computer.

But I just think it's just so early.....she's not even two years of age yet. Trust me, I'm all about learning early. But her parents have 3-4 computers already....will getting her another one help??

I think my family is just so infatuated with such a new, cute young family member, they feel like they need to do something very nice for her, even if it's impractical. She's very bright....but c'mon. Oh well, I'm going to have to roll along, and contribute a couple of hundred of dollar, eventhough I'm unemployed....

But we all love her soooo much. She really is a cutey and love us back as well!!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us