The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Baby Boomers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/theyre-selling-freakin-christmas-trees-fresh-30386905.aspx

Subject:  Re: Humbug! Date:  11/17/2012  11:08 AM
Author:  chkNYC Number:  191142 of 193060

They're selling freakin' Christmas trees (fresh ones) in the parking lot!

I am convinced that in the near future, there will be no Thanksgiving celebrated in the US. After all, it's a fairly "minor" holiday now, getting absolutely no time in the stores and without any real decorations.

When my nephews were young, my sister used to decorate for Thanksgiving, putting up cardboard Pilgrims and turkeys and cornucopia, etc. And the supermarkets all did that too.

This year I never saw one "purely" Thanksgiving decoration anywhere. Oh, there were lots of Halloween decorations a few weeks before Halloween and a random pumpkin here and there. But I never saw one Pilgrim or horn-of-plenty.

And the local supermarkets put the Christmas stuff IN THE WINDOWS a couple of weeks ago.

I'm telling you, in a few years, we'll be saying things like "....remember way back when when there was an actual holiday called "Thanksgiving"?"

Christina
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us