The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Value Hounds

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/1117-one-week-later-nka-turns-green-so-meanders-30387426.aspx

Subject:  Re: Shopping results so far Date:  11/17/2012  6:02 PM
Author:  Hohum777 Number:  12396 of 20304

11/17
One week later, NKA turns green, SO meanders into red territory.

--

Midweek, I looked for more ideas. Like SO, Verizon (VZ) is a core holding for me- added more
to my DRIP ac. The three Teekay subsidiaries- Teekay Offshore (TOO), Teekay LNG partners (TGP),
and Teekay Tankers (TNK), all looked appealing. The first two had pre-announced their respective
distributions in October (both maintained), while TNK severely slashed their dividend (11c => 2c)
when company management announced results. I am shocking light on shipping, so I opted for the
most beaten-up Teekay affiliate this week- TNK trading below $2.50/sh is not for the timid. Been
thinking a little about that Jefferies-Leucadia deal. I already have an indirect tie-in to both
entities, via brokerage ideas Knight Capital (KCG) and INTL FC Stone (INTL). Don't know if
INTL will still fit in with Leucadia's plans after the merger- not sure if that's good or bad for
INTL. Exelon (EXC) exited the DRIP ac with losses, following a Molycorp (MCP) exit the week prior.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us