The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

Subject:  Re: Twinkie Date:  11/18/2012  2:26 AM
Author:  catmeyoo Number:  655787 of 808079

i had a first hand knowledge of every Hostess product and candy bar in the galaxy at one point in my life. --2828

I loved the chocolate ones, cream filled. I discovered them when I was working at the Bayview Hunter’s Point branch library in San Francisco and had them often as an afternoon snack. I worked there maybe 2 years or 3 eating Hostess Cupcakes. I don’t believe I ever had another after I left that branch.

Now I’m thinking about different library assignments and associating certain kinds of foods with them. Richmond Branch goes with morning Maple Bars from a little bakery on Clement; Eureka Valley Branch goes with lunches at a Swedish Smorgasbord; Excelsior Branch goes with Joe’s Fish Grotto, usually for lunch, sometimes dinner, right across the street on Mission. Joe’s fish was so fresh and perfectly cooked it would almost melt in your mouth. Nice and dark in there too, with cozy booths.

Most of my 32 years with San Francisco Public were at the Main Library though, where I was surrounded by a variety of cafes, restaurants, delis, shops, and it is impossible to