The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/warrl-wrote-100-voluntary-possession-of-an-md-30388231.aspx

Subject:  Re: Price-gouging laws suck Date:  11/18/2012  12:45 PM
Author:  CCinOC Number:  655815 of 744329

warrl wrote: 100% voluntary. Possession of an MD degree and medical license does not strip a person of his human rights. [...] If he chooses to offer his services to others, regardless of the conditions he puts on that service, it is clearly to the benefit of those who choose to meet those conditions. And those who do not choose to do so are no worse off than they would be if he packed up and left.

If you or your loved one were denied critical care (triage) because, in the circumstances described, such care went to the highest bidder, not the most criticallty stricken, I doubt you would blithely conclude, "Oh, well, supply and demand worked efficiently. My dying daughter didn't receive care because my neighbor's broken nose was more economically important to a physician merely exercising his human rights."
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us