The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Computers, Phones & Internet / Help with this STUPID computer!
|Subject: Re: MSE on or off?||Date: 11/19/2012 3:23 PM|
|Author: geocarw||Number: 182582 of 195842|
1. Download Microsoft Security Essentials from this website and SAVE the file on the Desktop:
2. Open the 'Run' dialog via Start > Run.
3. Click Browse and locate the MSE file you just downloaded and click 'Open'
4. You should now be back to the 'Run' dialog with the downloaded file address in the 'Open:' box (example: "C:\...\Desktop\mseinstall.exe")
5. Now put a space and /U after the file address as seen below:
6. Click OK and this should uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials.
7. After the uninstall you can now attempt installation. It would be best that you restart your system first after the uninstall.
8. To install, repeat Step 2,3,4 and click OK
|Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|