The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotif-i-were-on-a-date-with-the-prince-30391458.aspx

Subject:  Re: Obama going to Thailand Date:  11/20/2012  10:01 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  656115 of 748880

"If I were on a date with the Prince, however, I think we'd probably go somewhere a little nicer -- someplace with white tablecloths and real linen napkins, like maybe the Basil Leaf Cafe down the street." - Andrew

Sometimes you get better food at places that aren't quite as sophisticated as or "less than nicer" places. I was in Knoxville, TN recently and I met up with a friend there and we went down to the Market Square in Knoxville and ate at some "nice" place and I was NOT impressed with the food. I would have preferred Subway to what we ended up with. Perhaps the reason some chain fast food places are as successful as they are is because their food is just good and what most people prefer?

One of my most favorite places to eat is a local Chinese Buffet. Especially when they are very busy because the food is kept fresh from the high turnover. That is when you get the best quality. It's all steaming hot and they keep bringing it out by the pan full.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us