The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-must-be-deprivedit-takes-me-7-minutes-if-i-30392905.aspx

Subject:  Re: HGTV - House Hunters International Date:  11/21/2012  2:03 AM
Author:  andrew61 Number:  656277 of 740102

I must be deprived..it takes me 7 minutes if I catch the lights to get to the Walmart Super Center, and I don't even know if we have a Panetta Bread plae. We got Starbucks but the nearest one is likely 9 miles away. But I got a Dunkin Donuts within walking distance. Seven eleven is a good half mile walk......but five minutes in the car. Right next to the Boston Market.

Let's see now... I have no Walmart Super Center really close to me, but the little Walmart Express grocery store that just opened a year ago is about a 7-minute walk from where I live. I have both Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts two blocks from me. Did you guys mean "Panera" Bread? That's a 30-minute walk (1.5 miles). Seven Eleven is about four blocks away, but I don't bother with it as I have quite a few convenience stores even closer than that, including one right in my building... expensive as all heck, though. Boston Market is a bit more of a hike... about 40-45 minutes away (2.5 miles). Whole Foods is about a 7-minute walk... and of course I have lots and lots of independent ethnic and other restaurants within 1 to 2 miles. I hear there are inner-city areas that are so-called "food deserts", but this urban dweller certainly doesn't live in one.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us